If you haven’t already, its time!
Follow These Steps:
- Find the hose bib shut-off valve and turn it off (clockwise).
- Go to the exterior, remove any hoses, and OPEN the hose bib (leave open all winter)
- Go back inside, remove bleeder cap (if present) and let pipe drain (you’ll need a large cup or bucket). Replace the cap when the pipe finishes draining.
- If you can’t find a hose bib shut-off valve, or you don’t have one, Install insulated hose bib cover on the exterior hose bib and call a plumber to have a shut-off valve installed.
- A video to help: https://youtu.be/Ho9aEzE-5fg
- These tips were passed along to us from Excel Inspections! Thank you!